Glastonbury Youth Football Association Cheerleading is a fun, non-competitive, recreational cheer program that offers participants from 1st grade to 8th grade a chance to root for our fantastic Tomahawk Youth Football Teams. Football games are typically held on Sundays - four kickoff times are possible: 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., or 3 p.m.
GYFA Cheerleading is based on grade and overall participation numbers. There are NO TRYOUTS. Participation at every level is encouraged! Be a part of the Tomahawks and be a part of Glastonbury!
Each Sunday (about 8 games per season), home or away, GYFA Cheerleaders help increase the level of excitement for Tomahawk Fans. Our cheerleaders lead the crowds in chants, dances and touchdown celebrations! The cheers are taught directly by GHS Cheerleaders.
- Attendance at pre-season practice is very important in order for all the participants to master Tomahawk cheers. Therefore it is expected that you will not miss more than 50% of these practices.
- Thursday night practice from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. will include continuing practice of sideline cheers. Please alert your coaches if your child will not be at the practice or at the game.
Each week our squads prepare a halftime performance segment. The halftime performance is arranged each week to entertain the Tomahawk fans while the football players take a short break. The show will include a variety of cheers, chants, stunts and tumbles. These cheers and stunts are some of the same used by Glastonbury High School Football Cheerleaders.
- Practice for halftime performance is held Thursday 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (This includes practicing sideline entertainment)
- If your child should miss Thursday practice, they will not be included in the following Sunday’s halftime performance
CHEERLEADING COMPETITIVE EXPERIENCE
We do not participate in any statewide or national competitions. However, we do offer our participants the chance for one Competitive Experience near the end of our season in October. There is no extra charge for this opportunity. This is a great way to end our football season and we encourage our cheerleaders to take advantage of this experience! If your child is interested in participating in this great event, please keep in mind that we expect every effort is made to attend all practices.
Practice for the competition will be as follows:
- Tuesdays: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursdays: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- It should be understood that missing more than 3 competitive practices will remove a participant from the competitive routine
LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD VOLUNTEERS
GYFA Cheerleading could not be possible without the time and dedication of parents who’ve decided to step up and take a leadership role.
* Refund Policy- 100% refund as long as you withdraw by July 12th in writing to Jen Manzotti.
Please contact Jen Manzotti at email@example.com